Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful for my friends/family

I'm so grateful for my brother in law Mike Brennan. Me and my sister prayed for years for God to bring her the right man at the right time...and he answered our prayers. He didn't have to, but he did...he would have been just as good if he hadn't...but he did. This pic is a few months back when He and I led worship for a ministry convocation at Liberty University. It just reminds me this Thanksgiving how grateful I am for him, for his faithfulness to my sister, for his friendship and for his Christ-likeness.

The lovely Kelly on the left, the beast Josh on the 'Box' and my bro Mike and Me Leading worship
Not to mention my buddy Josh playing the 'Box' here and my other friend Kelly singing. Which reminds me of something else I'm thankful for...my job at the center for worship. I get to spend time with these amazing students, I feel like their big brother because I'm not much older than they are. I'm so privileged.


Speaking of things we're grateful for...Why is it that we tend to always focus on the things we don't have and so rarely relish in the amazing things we do have? This Thanksgiving I'm ashamed by the lack of deep and consistent gratitude in my life, I too often focus on the things I do not have...the dreams that have not yet been fulfilled...the accomplishments or blessings of others that I do not yet have...its so easy to begin feeling ungrateful for all the blessings God has granted me.

My Big Brother Mike and I, Leading worship at Ministry Convocation
A sin of the human heart is often envy, its a sin that put Jesus on the cross (the religious leaders were envious of Jesus and wanted him crucified)...think of how twisted that is! Someone you love or care about gets something you wanted, and instead of feeling excited or happy for them, you begin to wish evil on them, that they would not have been so fortunate...such a sad state.This Thanksgiving I want to be grateful....TRULY grateful for God and all his blessings. Aight friends...just some thoughts, praying a Thanksgiving of gratitude for you all, count your blessings...name them one by one.
I'm thankful for each of you...

1 comment:

  1. Am thankful for you, friend & our infrequent but meaningful coffee shop catch-up sessions! Good to run into you, tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete