Has all been lost, consumed by these flames,
Though clarity granted, the scent of shame remains.
Has all been lost, consumed by this fire,
Or will you return, you whom my heart desires.
The fog now lifted, the chains now gone;
This ships been battered, but its helm is strong.
To the surface I merge, precious air fills my lungs;
These eye’s now opened, which once were numb.
Waiting in these shadows, Your peace abides still.
You who bind the wounded, the reckless…heal.
A compass & fortress, though at times mis-read,
You keep steady north, as you’ve always Led.
It’s always been you, I must confess
Though the journey may throw, and these thoughts be a mess.
To come through the wind, take in this deep breath,
And be made stronger! For only He is left.
I’ll fail again, though in different ways.
My comfort is this, he will sustain.
No comments:
Post a Comment