The book of Philippians starts with Paul describing himself and Timothy (His little brother/fellow worker in the Faith) as "Servants of Christ Jesus".
Big deal right? Just an intro...sure, their servants, move on to the letter that they wrote to the Christ-followers in the city of Philippi; but wait up a sec...pause, think. This morning, for the first time i can remember, I felt the urge to stop and to meditate/think deeply/ rehearse and repeat this phrase.
"Brady Rose...a Servant of Christ Jesus.." Am i? Sure, i know that in my mind this is what i'm to be as a Christ follower, but do I really believe it? In my Heart? In my actions and the way i think? Probably not. Is that the paradigm from which my tendencies, my words and motives flow? From 'a servant'; or am i more focused on myself, do my actions flow from my 'American Pride-filled, independent, self confident, my creativity or talents or personality'; from my 'idea' of ministry or what it means to be a Christian...have i overcomplicated things that were meant to be simple. "A Servant".
What is a servant? Whats more, a good servant? Obeydient...and more. Not just reactive or doing what is commanded...but Pro-Active, seeing needs before instructed, forseeing ways to serve/help; to be humble, faithful, consumed with one thing: His masters will (desires/commands/seeking to please Him alone).
"A Servant of Christ Jesus" - Paul was, Timothy was; this is how they viewed themselves, and so must I. Timidity should have NO PART w-the servant, he is to be obedient, period.
My Attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: (Phil. 2:5)
1. Make myself nothing (I deserve nothing, no rights...a facilitator, a helper, I am for others, an outward bent.)
2. Taking the Very Nature of a Servant (Think like a servant, focused on 1 thing..obeying/pleasing my master)
3. Humble Myself (In my thinking, in my actions, in my expectations, and motives)
4. Obedient to Death (Dying to self...daily, taking my 'electric chair' with me. I'm dead to Brady Rose, i live for Jesus Christ...'Christ in me, the hope of glory'.)
Big deal right? Just an intro...sure, their servants, move on to the letter that they wrote to the Christ-followers in the city of Philippi; but wait up a sec...pause, think. This morning, for the first time i can remember, I felt the urge to stop and to meditate/think deeply/ rehearse and repeat this phrase.
"Brady Rose...a Servant of Christ Jesus.." Am i? Sure, i know that in my mind this is what i'm to be as a Christ follower, but do I really believe it? In my Heart? In my actions and the way i think? Probably not. Is that the paradigm from which my tendencies, my words and motives flow? From 'a servant'; or am i more focused on myself, do my actions flow from my 'American Pride-filled, independent, self confident, my creativity or talents or personality'; from my 'idea' of ministry or what it means to be a Christian...have i overcomplicated things that were meant to be simple. "A Servant".
What is a servant? Whats more, a good servant? Obeydient...and more. Not just reactive or doing what is commanded...but Pro-Active, seeing needs before instructed, forseeing ways to serve/help; to be humble, faithful, consumed with one thing: His masters will (desires/commands/seeking to please Him alone).
"A Servant of Christ Jesus" - Paul was, Timothy was; this is how they viewed themselves, and so must I. Timidity should have NO PART w-the servant, he is to be obedient, period.
My Attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: (Phil. 2:5)
1. Make myself nothing (I deserve nothing, no rights...a facilitator, a helper, I am for others, an outward bent.)
2. Taking the Very Nature of a Servant (Think like a servant, focused on 1 thing..obeying/pleasing my master)
3. Humble Myself (In my thinking, in my actions, in my expectations, and motives)
4. Obedient to Death (Dying to self...daily, taking my 'electric chair' with me. I'm dead to Brady Rose, i live for Jesus Christ...'Christ in me, the hope of glory'.)
No comments:
Post a Comment