Thursday, April 7, 2011

More of Mumbai, India - 2011

The "RICKSHAW"- India's #1 mode of transportation. They go for around 1,500 USD and can actually make a good living by India's standards. Although at times one feels like they are experiencing near death experiences, the drivers usually assure you that there truly is an unwritten code of driving conduct, even though it appears to be insanity. ; ) I loved 'em. In Peru they are called "Tuk-Tuk's". 


"Don't look her in the eye", I was told as I attempted to be a friendly while walking down the streets near the market. A pastor told me that if a married woman looks a man in the eye, that she doesn't know, or waves, introduces herself, etc...that she will be beaten. Wow...hard to imagine. To them it means looseness. Too bad i found this out late in the trip. I hope I didn't cause anyone to get into trouble! YIKES!!
Don't really have a story about this one, other than this is one of the cutest little girls I saw the whole time in India. She lives in the slums where we were telling these children about Jesus Christ. What a great smile! God not only created this little girl, but knows her by name and loves her beyond measure.
This is a pic of me teaching a group of kids a Bible story. My interpreter Raul was great, pray for him, he leads an HIV ministry in Mumbai and desperately needs a motorcycle...he currently walks everywhere for this ministry. He needs 1,400 Dollars.
Another pic of me teaching a Bible Story to the kids, I think this one's David and Goliath. I had 'em crackin up. ; )
Jammin to some JESUS songs!!! These kiddos could SING!! :{D

OK! Last one for this week! : ) This is another "ministry" pic, this is at an orphan house, for boys, out in the country. These kids for a gamut of reasons ended up here. They were INCREDIBLE! I was able to lead them in some songs (which they sang with Deafening loudness), HERE I'm playing percussion/drums on my guitar, then later they wanted me to do pushups with them on my back and throw them around a little bit. haha...it was ALOT of fun. ; ) K, still more to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment